Monday, November 10, 2008

Why do I homeschool my child?

Homeschooling . . .
It can many times not be fun. It takes a lot of work and dedication on behalf of usually the mommy. It is very trying when the child will not cooperate or says it is "boring"! It messes up your day. You no longer can do just what you want, but have to make sure that schooling is completed. Do I like to homeschool? Not really! So, then, you ask, why do you homeschool? I can tell you why . . .

1. There is not a Christian Day School in our area that would tell my daughter the truth. So henceforth, public school is the only option but in public school they teach the following philosophies and I do not want my child indoctrinated with such lies.

2. I don't want my child going to school and being taught that she evolved from a monkey or some other organism. She was a gift from God and was made and created by Him, in His image. I want her to know that! I don't want her thinking that she simply evolved from some lower life form. (Oh is it okay to say lower life form? We would not want to hurt those organisms feelings!)

3. I don't want my child to be told that it is okay for "Heather to have two mommies." The Bibles says that a man and a woman should be joined together not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. I want her to someday grow up to marry a fine man, not another girl! She does not need to be indoctrinated with this.

4. I believe that there is one true God. In public schools, they teach that their is no god or that there are many gods and it really doesn't matter which one you want to follow. It's okay. We all end up in a good place anyway. (Unless if you are Christian - then it's not okay). Well, my Bible doesn't say that anyway will work. The one true way is the only way and I want my daughter to know that!

I'm sure if I thought more, I could come up with more reasons as to why I homeschool my daughter. I feel that these are enough though. If you hear ideas like this daily, it will soon be ingrained in your mind that these things are okay. It's not that I don't want my daughter to see the "real world" I just don't want her at the tender age of 5 being told that these things are okay. So, even though I don't like homeschooling, even though it is a pain, even though I don't get to set my schedule as much . . . here goes another day, training my child educationally and spiritually. I want to see my children in Heaven some day and nothing is too great of price to pay for that!

So all you homeschool moms . . . Keep up the good work! Keep your chin up high and be proud of what you are doing!

2 comments:

Jim & Lolly Brewer said...

Just checked the scales at the bottom of your page. Greaaaaaat! Home schooling requires real dedication to work. Keep at it. I am about done (like your mom) with only one left to go. Yeah!!! Lolly

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO proud of my daughter. Love ya. Dad